Our growing region is so unique due to the subtropical climate with distinct seasons, and a precipitation pattern that provides the perfect growing conditions.
The high-altitude, fresh air and mineral-rich, volcanic soil is what makes the leaves so nutrient-dense and the perfect location to blend our potent matcha.Here are a few reasons why we're so different:
- The plants are shade-grown in volcanic soil for up to 25 days before harvest to boost nutrient production.
- In the spring, only the finest leaves are selectively handpicked. It takes a true tea master to know when and what leaves to use.
- The leaves are then steamed and dried after harvest to preserve flavour and nutrients.
- De-stemming and de-veining of the leaves are done to improve the texture and taste of the powder.
- The leaves are then lightly roasted and slowly stone milled for up to 1 hour (per 30g), whilst being pulverised into a fine powder - keeping delicate nutrients intact.
- The finished matcha is packaged into special airtight, high grade packaging to prevent oxidation from air and light, whilst maintaining optimum freshness.
We only stone-mill our fresh organic leaves to meet demand, which ensures optimum freshness and potency. We NEVER store our matcha for months on end.
Lastly, we shade-grow the plants at the right time of the season to develop higher levels of focus boosting amino acids, improve the flavour, reduce bitterness, and yield higher levels of strong antioxidants and calming amino acids.