There are multiple ways to prepare matcha, but here are just a few easier modern techniques. Clumping of the powder might occur depending on the application used.
Depending on the ratio of powder to water, the flavour can change.
We recommend pairing with plant based milks such as oat, almond, coconut, hazelnut, cashew or soy.
- Always dissolve the powder in a liquid before drinking - using a frother, whisk, blender or shaking in a bottle.
- If you are making matcha drinks such as a matcha latte, prepare your matcha tea first then add optional sweetener and milk into it. If you add matcha directly into any milk, you will get lumps in your matcha latte drink. Matcha needs to be dissolved in a small amount of water first before being mixed with any milk.
- Use only hot water (70C, not boiling water).
- You can sift the matcha powder before whisking with hot water to remove any lumps.
- If it tastes too strong, use less powder or more water.
The videos below will show you how to make matcha tea.