There are multiple ways to prepare matcha, but here are just a few easier modern techniques. Clumping of the powder might occur depending on the application used.
If you can't get used to the taste, try pairing with plant based milks such as oat, almond, coconut, hazelnut, cashew or soy.
- Always dissolve the powder in a liquid before drinking - using a whisk, blender or shaking in a bottle
- If it tastes too strong, use less powder or more water
- Always add the liquid to a glass/mug before adding a teaspoon of Matcha Fuel
- Use only hot water (70C, not boiling water)
- You can sift the matcha powder before whisking with hot water to remove any lumps
- If you are making matcha drinks such as a matcha latte, prepare your matcha tea first then only add sugar and milk into it. If you add matcha directly into milk, you will get lumps in your matcha latte drink (unless you sift it)
The videos below will show you how to make matcha tea.