Our growing region is so unique due to the subtropical climate with distinct seasons, and a precipitation pattern that provides the perfect growing conditions.
The high-altitude, fresh air and mineral-rich, volcanic soil is what makes the leaves so nutrient-dense and the perfect location to blend our potent matcha.Here are a few reasons why we're so different:
- The plants are shade-grown in volcanic soil for up to 25 days before harvest to boost nutrient production.
- In the spring, only the finest leaves are selectively handpicked. It takes a true tea master to know when and what leaves to use.
- The leaves are then steamed and dried after harvest to preserve flavour and nutrients.
- De-stemming and de-veining of the leaves are done to improve the texture and taste of the powder.
- The leaves are then lightly roasted and slowly stone milled for up to 1 hour (per 30g), whilst being pulverised into a fine powder - keeping delicate nutrients intact.
- The finished matcha is packaged into special airtight, high grade packaging to prevent oxidation from air and light, whilst maintaining optimum freshness.
We only stone-mill our fresh organic leaves to meet demand, which ensures optimum freshness and potency. We NEVER store our matcha for months on end.
Lastly, we shade-grow the plants at the right time of the season to develop higher levels of focus boosting amino acids, improve the flavour, reduce bitterness, and yield higher levels of strong antioxidants and calming amino acids.
Increased Alertness & Productivity - Matcha contains 35mg of caffeine (per serving) for that extra kick, but unlike a cup of coffee matcha gradually releases the caffeine into your body for a period of up to 6 hours. This is due to a rare natural energy boosting amino acid called L-theanine -- which gives you sustainable energy and focus throughout the day, without any side effects that are associated with caffeine consumption, such as the 'jitters', a crash, anxiety or mood plummets.
Promotes Weight Loss - According to research published in the American Journal of Nutrition, matcha has been shown to increase thermogenesis (the rate at which our bodies burn calories) from 8-10% to 35-43%. Matcha can also boost metabolism and increase fat burning by up to 17% without raising blood pressure or heart rate. A 2005 study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that participants who drank catechin-rich green tea daily dropped almost twice as much weight in 12 weeks as participants who didn't. They also found that the catechins are associated with reduced BMI and waist circumference.
Protects From Cell Damage & Lower Risk Of Chronic Diseases - According to Harvard research, green tea is the best food source of a group of antioxidants known as catechins. Research has shown catechins (such as EGCG) to be more powerful than both vitamins C and E in stopping oxidative damage to cells. They also appear to have other disease-fighting abilities. Published in the Journal of Chromatography, the results were groundbreaking. The researchers discovered that, “The concentration of EGCG available from drinking matcha is 137 times greater than the amount of EGCG available from China Green Tips green tea".
Enhances Cognitive Function & Boosts Memory - Matcha contains high amounts of L-theanine, an amino acid that increases the production of serotonin and dopamine in the brain. According to research published in the Asia Pacific Journal of Nutrition, the increased production of dopamine and serotonin helps you to learn and perform better. These two chemicals serve to enhance mood, improve memory, and promote better concentration for up to 6 hours without a crash.
Improve Skin Health - The catechins in matcha help protect and reduce your skin from free radicals, preventing signs of ageing. Due to the amazing anti-inflammatory properties of EGCG, it also helps treat rosacea and even acne by reducing redness. In a study published by the Medical College of Georgia, the EGCG found in green tea rejuvenated surface skin cells that would otherwise die. Not only does matcha reduce inflammation, it also stimulates elastin production to add volume to the skin, while protecting against free radicals that cause sun damage, age spots, dry skin, and yes, wrinkles. This is why some people use it directly on their faces!
Strengthens Immune System - One cup of our matcha has as many nutrients and antioxidants as 10 cups of regular green tea. It's packed with exponentially more antioxidants than any other superfood, including chlorophyll. Chlorophyll in matcha is a very effective detoxifier that can aid in the elimination of unwanted toxins, chemicals and heavy metals from your body. Chlorophyll increases the blood’s capacity to deliver oxygen and other nutrients to cells within the body, which helps the body regenerate and cleanse itself at the cellular level. Consuming a daily cup of matcha is an easy way to incorporate detoxification into your everyday life.
- The combination of L-theanine and caffeine improves cognitive performance and increases subjective alertness (2010)
- Therapeutic effect of high-dose green tea extract on weight reduction: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial (2016)
- Free radicals, antioxidants and functional foods: Impact on human health (2010)
- Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG) Is the Most Effective Cancer Chemopreventive Polyphenol in Green Tea (2012)
- Efficacy of a green tea extract rich in catechin polyphenols and caffeine in increasing 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation in humans (1999)
- Influence of continued ingestion of matcha on emotional behaviours after social stress on mice (2019)
- Matcha green tea (MGT) inhibits the propagation of cancer stem cells (CSCs), by targeting mitochondrial metabolism, glycolysis and multiple stem cell signalling pathways (2018)
- Effects of green tea, matcha tea and their components epigallocatechin gallate and quercetin on MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231 breast carcinoma cells (2019)
Do you offer a guarantee?
Absolutely! You're always protected by our industry best 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee, even on empty pouches. No questions asked.
How many servings are in a pouch?
There are 50 servings in a pouch. We recommend 1/2 to 1 flat teaspoon per serving, depending on how strong you like it.
How long is delivery?
Delivery usually takes between 1-2 business days. However, due to high demand it can sometimes take up to 5 business days.
How much is delivery?
Free U.K. delivery on all orders. We will dispatch your order via Royal Mail tracked 48 hours.
How can I contact you?
You can contact us as at: email@example.com and a member of our friendly customer support team will get back to you within 24 hours.
Has Matcha Fuel been tested for radiation, heavy metals and other substances?
Yes, every batch of Matcha Fuel is always tested for radiation, heavy metals and pesticides. We always go the extra mile to ensure our matcha is free of any negative substance.
How long does Matcha Fuel last for?
You can store our matcha for up to 1 year, but we recommend using it within 6 months so it's fresh.
Does Matcha Fuel contain any additives or fillers?
No it does not. Matcha Fuel is 100% all natural, and grown organically.
When should I use Matcha Fuel?
We like to use it in the morning for an energy boost, and in the afternoon to beat the 'afternoon slump'. Before going to the gym, or for a run is just as great!
What payment options do you accept?
Visa, Mastercard and PayPal. All transfer of your payment information, including credit card handling is done through a secure server using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Protocol.